The Light-up Mask Classroom Set introduces learners to conductive materials, basic circuits, switches, and wearable and interactive accessories. The masks can be used for many themes and activities including superheroes, school mascots, holidays, and costumes for plays.
This project is a creative introduction to electronics and is popular in the classroom, at birthday parties and workshops. It can be completed at home with minimal support. Our science-technology-engineering-art-math (STEAM)-based kits come with everything you need to facilitate creative, hands-on electronics projects including the parts and easy to follow instructions.
Inside the Kit
The Light-up Mask Classroom Set comes with individually packed kits for 12 or more students to complete the project in the classroom or at home.
- Lesson plans for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Step-by-step instruction cards
- Ready-to-decorate masks
- Light-emitting-diodes (LEDs)
- Coin cell batteries (CR2032 3V)
- Paper switch
This project covers the following skills and knowledge:
- Complete a circuit using a battery and an LED.
- Locate the positive and negative sides of an LED and battery.
- Apply metaphor and create a wearable accessory.
- Learn about conductive materials.
- Demonstrate understanding of open and closed circuits.
Lesson plans are available in PDF format and Google Classroom.
If you are a school or organization that requires the use of a purchase order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.