We are updating all kits to be available as single or classroom kits in any quantity. They will also include all craft materials. Please email email@example.com to place an order.
Skill level: Beginner-Intermediate
Time: 1-2 hours
Number of student kits: 12 or custom quantity
The Motorized ArtBot is a unique hands-on robotics activity for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Students will learn how to turn on a hobby motor, light-up an LED, create a simple circuit and use their imaginations to decorate their new artbot. Add a few markers, stick the bot on a piece of paper and it will draw spirals. Add a sponge, dip it into paint and it’s transformed into a painting bot.
This activity can be easily incorporated throughout the year - make Spookybots for Halloween, Turkeybots for Thanksgiving, Prezbots for Presidents' Day, Lovebots for Valentine's Day and the list goes on!
The Classroom Motorized Bot Kit comes with supplies for 12 students:
- Lesson plans for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Video instructions
- 12 Step-by-step instruction cards
- 12 DC hobby motors with alligator clip leads 1.5V-3V
- 12 AA batteries
- 12 AA battery holders
- 12 Light-emitting diodes (LED)
- 12 Coin cell batteries (CR2032 - 3V)
- Containers for the Bot body (e.g. 12 oz cups or recycled food containers, bottles, etc.)
- Craft materials and markers (optional)
Students will explore the following concepts:
- Simple circuits
- Engineering design process
- Movement with motors
- Iterative processes
- Art integration
If you are a school or organization that requires the use of a purchase order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
WARNING: CHOKING HAZARD - Small parts
Not for children under 3 yrs