A unique hands-on robotics activity for students in kindergarten through 8th grade. Students will learn how to turn on a hobby motor, light-up an LED, create a simple circuit and use their imaginations to decorate their new artbot. Add a few markers, stick the bot on a piece of paper and it will draw spirals. Add a sponge, dip it into paint and it’s transformed into a painting bot.
This activity can be easily incorporated throughout the year - make Spookybots for Halloween, Turkeybots for Thanksgiving, Prezbots for Presidents' Day, Lovebots for Valentine's Day and the list goes on!
Skill level: Beginner
Time: 30-60 minutes
- Simple circuits
- Engineering design process
- Movement with motors
- Iterative processes
- Art integration
The Classroom Motorized Bot Kit comes with:
- Lesson plans for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 aligned with Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS) and Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- Step-by-step instructions
- Video instructions
- Each student kit includes:
- DC hobby motor with alligator clip leads 1.5V-3V
- AA battery
- AA battery holder
- Light-emitting diode (LED)
- Coin cell battery
- Instruction card
- Containers for the Bot body (e.g. 12 oz cups or recycled food containers, bottles, etc.)
- Craft materials and markers (optional)
If you are a school or afterschool organization that requires the use of a purchase order, please contact email@example.com.