The Motorized ArtBot Classroom Set includes unique hands-on robotics activities for students in Kindergarten through 8th grade. Students will learn how to turn on a hobby motor, light-up an LED, create a simple circuit, and use their imaginations to decorate their new Artbot. Add a few markers, stick the bot on a piece of paper and it will draw spirals. Add a sponge, dip it into the paint and it’s transformed into a painting bot.
Learners can design their robot for this activity, or select a template for specific holidays, special events, and other themes that include Halloween, Autumn, Spring, Winter, Pets, Cars, and more.
Lessons Plans include:
- K-2 Motorized ArtBot
- 3-5 Motorized ArtBot
- 6-8 Motorized ArtBot
- 6-8 Motorized WindBot
- 6-8 Motorized Zipline
Inside the Kit
The Motorized ArtBot Classroom Set comes with:
- Lesson plans for K-2, 3-5, 6-8 aligned with standards.
- Video instructions
- Step-by-step illustrated instructions
- DC hobby motors with alligator clip leads 1.5V-3V
- AA batteries
- AA battery holders
- Googly Eyes
- Pipe Cleaner
- Container for ArtBot body (box or cup)
- Craft materials and markers (optional)
Students will explore the following concepts:
- Apply knowledge of electric circuits to design and construct a simple circuit with a motor.
- Use the principles of art and design thinking to plan and construct the bot.
- Revise the project in response to testing the machine and feedback from peers.
- Research alternate forms of energy.
- Give a presentation.
The following are learning standards from a range of important national contributors. These can be seen as specific learning outcomes, skills, or performance indicators. The KitHub Education Standards for K-8 cover:
- Common Core State Standards (CCSS)
- International Society for Technology in Education (ISTE)
- National Art Education Association (NAEA)
- Next Generation Science Standards (NGSS)
- New York State Learning Standards (NYSP-12SLS)
- Texas Essential Knowledge and Skills (TEKS)
If you are a school or organization that requires the use of a purchase order, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.